Friday, April 30, 2010

He who asserts, must prove.

OK, I didn't site my source for the, "Praying the President Dead" thing. My bad. But I spent less than five minutes finding it tonight. And found that the person who sent it to me, and was a former, Partner at work, who I trust and love, and would take a bullet for, was right about it. So I was right to trust her. And she later left a post about how she thought it was just a joke, but it could be conceived as a threat, and disowned it. Good for her.

She still doesn't like, The President, which is her right. But she's also sane enough to know, even if it's in retrospect, that that kind of thing is wrong.

As an old, high school debater, I learned that, he who asserts, must prove. And it's true. I should have sighted my source. And, actually I think I did, when I sighted, Keith Olberman. But the, "wing nuts" will call him a liar. He's not. He's a news man, who labels his commentary, "Commentary" when he says it. He tells the truth, and backs up his facts.

Faux News, on the other hand, is entertainment for the Right Wing. It's not fair, or balanced, or even TRUTH for that matter. And last month, Glenn Beck admitted it in an interview with GQ magazine when he said, "We aren't a news channel. We're entertainment." And if you want more of a source site than that? Go buy the fucking magazine, you lazy ass!

Now, if you only get your news from, Faux News, Newsmax, and, Glenn Beck, and, Limbaugh the drug addict, you will, without doubt, be unarmed in a battle of wits. If you read newspapers, even one as dumb as, The Deseret Morning News, and magazines, and listen to NPR, you might have a chance to know what's really going on.

Sarah Palin was asked what she read by, Katie Couric, and couldn't answer the question. Later called it, "attack journalism" WTF? How assaulting is the question, "What do you read?"

So, if you doubt what I say, and you think that I should prove it? After all, I'm, Truthstick, just go ahead and tell me so. But if you want to debate, you better have done your homework, and bring your, "A" game. I've done mine.

2 comments:

  1. It's "cite" not "site" or "sight" and "Olbermann" not "Olberman." Do you know any other descriptive words other than vulgar swear words? The use of this type of language does not reflect well on you. Where did you go to school?

    Keith Olbermann is a "news man?" I don't agree.

    What do you like to read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit, I don't spell well. Thanks for correcting me, I'll try to remember that in the future, sapper.

    Keith tells the truth. Regardless of the spelling of his last name.

    Where did I go to school? At public schools in Utah, run by, Mormons. Murray High, and I got my BS (yeah, you can say it stands for, Bull Shit. I don't care) at THE University IN Utah.

    What do I read? Everything I can get my hands on! I've been a subscriber to, Playboy since 1984. I read the Salt Lake Tribune every day since the 70's. Maxim Magazine, The City Weekly every week. And when I'm traveling, every local paper. In, Las Vegas, New York, Washigton, DC, Minniapolis, Paris, London, and even, Havana's english language paper while I was there for a week. San Francisco's paper's every time I'm there, since my wife's from there. And the, San Jose Mercury News, since, Deb's from, Sunnyvale, and the SJMN is the, "local" paper.

    When in, "The Carib"? I read any newspaper I can get in , English. Mostly it's the, Miami Harold.

    I'll tell you what I DON'T read! USA Today. It's the paper for people who don't read newspapers. It's crap. It's like, Faux News. Total bullshit. I'm smarter than you, because I DO read all this stuff. What do you read, Sapper? Besides, USA Today, and, Newsmax? Holla back!

    ReplyDelete