Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Car Culture. STILL? Yeah, still.

I had no idea I was buying the most interesting car in the world. Yet today, I'm driving around, and people are going nuts over this car. I went back to my old office to show it to my friend, Carter, who's young partner took pictures of it with his cell phone. My last partner, Dorian, accused me of having a, "Mid Life Crisis"!

No, to the contrary, I told her, "My MID LIFE is pretty damn good! I have the same wife, the same house, money in the bank, and the only, "hot, young, chick" I hang out with is YOU, and it's mostly on the golf course. And my wife likes you. So it's not a MLC car, it's JUST a new car!"

You would think I bought a Maserati, or a, Bentley. It's just a, Camero!

Deb's back is still messed up, so we went to DMV today to get a temporary handicapped placard her doctor told her she needs since she's using a cane. And coming out, some guy yelled, "NICE RIDE!" at us. I was flattered, but still amazed.

I took my, "sons" (Danny and his buddy, Jaden) to a Futsol game tonight, and one of the other, "Soccer Dad's" came over and said, "You suck! I've had 13 Camero's and I really want one of these!" He was kidding, but still? He noticed?

We used, Deb's new parking privilege to park by the door since she can barely walk, and a bunch of young, kids came out of the Futsol place and said to me, "Hey, Esay! That your ride? Start it up, man!" So I did with the remote control. And they liked the, "RUMBLE".

One kid said, goofing on me, "If it's not here when you come out. It wasn't me, OK?"

I told him, not goofing on him, "I have On Star and a bunch of guns. I can find the car." He looked at me like he KNEW I wasn't kidding.

I am totally amazed by the reaction to this car. It's an American Muscle Car. It's not exotic, it's not rare. It's not even that expensive compared to other cars that sport 400 bhp. But I guess the orange and black, and ground effects and performance exhaust make it stand out.

Standing out, was not my goal. I wanted a car that was fun to drive.

But I do have to admit. I like the fact that everyone likes my car. It feels pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment