Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cars, Part Deaux.

I have more money than sense. So, if I listen to, Robin William's, I should develop a Cocaine habit. He said that's how, God tells you, you have more money than sense.

Never tried, Cocaine. Just like my whiskey. And I don't believe in, God.

Tonight I bought a 2010, 2SS Camero. Leather seats with heaters that I don't need, because I'm never going to drive it when it's cold. A GPS system I don't need because I don't intend to drive it to any place I've never been. But it adds to the, "resale" value when I want to get rid of it. Big assed engine. Big as you can get.

On top of that, added the, "performance exhaust" which might not actually add to the performance, but makes it sound awesome. And the, Ground Effects package. Might hold it closer to the road, or not. But makes it look cooler than hell!

Orange. "METALLIC" orange. With, black, "rally stripes". How, MURRAY am I? Can't leave the orange and black behind.

Gus Paulos will make the changes, and give me my car on Friday, or Monday. I don't care. I don't NEED this car. I WANT this car.

When I test drove one, and I, "stepped on it", it was like I was back in 1977, and, "dragging State Street" with my buddy, Craig Lindsey in his 1969, Chevelle SS with the 396. It was awesome. Had to have one.

It's a different feeling stepping on an American V8, and stepping on the Audi. They both go fast. But they feel different. I stepped on the Camero, and I wanted to hear some, "Beach Boys" songs. I step on the, Audi, and I feel efficient, comfortable, and secure, and faster than anything else on the road. And I have AWD.

I step on the, Camero, and I feel like I'm dangerous to my self, and everyone around me! I still want to hear, "The Beach Boys", but I'm OK with the, "Stones". Or, "Foghat", or, "BTO" played, REAL loud.

It's just different. I can't explain it. Fast, powerful, and scary. Had to have it. So I bought it.

I'm SUCH a redneck from, West Virginia, aren't I? I'm buying a, CAMERO!

1 comment:

  1. Now that I have seen it, and had a little roasted pig with you, I still think you may be from Tennessee, but maybe its just all that horrible orange color.

    Glad you got yourself a nice toy.

    ReplyDelete