Monday, March 22, 2010

Ok, Alex. This one's for you. We don't live in Cuba, Yet! LOL

No single payer system, like in England and France. No, "Public Option", like Medicare for everyone. But, according to the, R's it's the end of the world as we know it.

Hey, R's! Did you notice the sun came up this morning? The Army has not brought tanks into the town square? The gun stores are still open? And now, maybe I can insure my 22 year old, Autistic daughter when my, "retirement health care" from the generous, State of Utah expires next year. Oh, except less than 24 hours after the bill passed, you, R's in the Legislature filed suit to try to exempt Utah from being a member of the United States of America, and being able to ignore the Federal bill.

In 2006, the Legislature took away the retirement health insurance I was promised 20+ years ago when I took the job. And then spent the next 20+ years in the state's meth labs, trailer courts, prisons, jails, and other generally shitty places for the whopping amount of money I was paid. And now, you want MY Country to not be able to provide it for me? WTF? Why do, R's HATE working people so much? I don't get it.

When my friend who's a Legislator, told me about the law suit tonight, I couldn't believe it. This is not a mandate on the State. It doesn't make you give up your health care if you are happy with your insurance. You don't have to pay for my insurance, except in taxes. And I have to pay my taxes for your wars, charter schools, stupid, "message bill" law suits, and tons of other stuff the Government does that I don't like, so I kind of see it as a wash out. But still, you want me to pay more for insurance.

OK, R's, since you have never been out of the country, except for a lobbyist paid golf trip, maybe, I'll enlighten you. You know why your xray's are sent to India to be read, and your Doctor is probably an, Indian? College and medical care are free in that country. You know why our, "American Cars" are being made in Mexico? Health care is provided by the government. I've been to England, France and Canada, and of all the stuff I talked to their people's about, health care doesn't come up, because the Government of all those places provides health care. They don't have a private insurance industry that takes all the money, and doesn't provide the care.

I just spent a week in Grenada (I'm pretty sure you, R's will know where this is. You're hero, Ronald, Ray-Gun invaded it 1983. And for the record, the Grenadians appreciated that we removed the Cuban influence from their country, but like with most of our wars, when asked about it they say, "We were glad you come, Mon. But you stayed too long, you know?". Yeah we know. Some of us know) and they have a government health plan that you pay for every month, and you can see a doctor any time you need one. And this is the only country where I had, in the space of a week, only ONE beggar ask me for money. Hell, I got hit up five times a day in, Louisville!

I know you, R's will say, "You're trying to eliminate the Health Insurance Industry in this country!" and I will say, "YES! YES I AM! You finally GET it!" We don't NEED them! They take all the money, and don't pay for your health care! Government has been proven to provide it more efficiently, and cheaper in EVERY other country in the world. Even, and know this hurts to hear it, CUBA!

The Bill that passed is FAR from perfect. It's not really reform, just change. But it's a step in the right direction. And it has done something else. It's motivated me to become more involved. I'm going to my Caucus meeting tomorrow night, and do my damnedest to become a delegate. I've done it twice before, so I think I can do it again. And I'm going to the county convention, and do everything I can to become a State delegate, and I'm going to vote for anyone who runs against, Jim Matheson.

He's not really a, Democrat. And he doesn't care about his constituency, he only cares about what will get him reelected in mostly, R Utah. And when a politician stops doing the RIGHT thing, for the CORRECT thing to keep him in office? It's time for him to look for a job, like all the folks in Michigan who saw there jobs go overseas because health insurance is so expensive.

When the, CBO (oh, sorry. For you, R's that don't read newspapers, or listen to NPR, because you live in, "Glenbeckistan" and only get your, "news" from, "Faux News", that's the Congressional Budget Office. The bi-partisan office that analyzes the monetary cost of any bill. Oops, did it again: Monetary= cost, in Money) says it will save TRILLIONS over the next 20 years (almost enough to pay for two unnecessary wars you, R's started), and you DON'T vote for it because it's going to be, "too expensive", you're just not paying attention. Too many tea bags on you hat, move them over and read a newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment